Monday, June 13, 2011

George

After 3 1/2 years we have had our first George casualty...
George was given to me from a former co-worker at one of my showers.  I remember when I opened it I thought it was the silliest/weirdest little thing ever.  A teddy bear that is just a head with a little blanket and no body, a little creepy if you ask me. I honestly never thought we would even cut the tags off the strange little bear...
However, George became a fixture in Noah's life in December of 2007.   We were sitting by our Christmas tree watching It's a Wonderful Life with our sweet new baby Noah who was a little fussy.  We brought out our arsenal of toys to try and entertain him and for whatever reason he fell in love with the silly little bear with no body.  We named him George after George Bailey on It's a Wonderful Life.
When Noah was about a year old George started becoming a little ragged and I made it my mission to find George II to have just in case of a George catastrophe.  I found an exact replica of George on Ebay and paid a small fortune for him but it was worth every penny!  We have been rotating the Georges ever since.
George came to the Rose festival with us yesterday to hang with Noah in the stroller but was not in the stroller when we got back to our car :(   Lucky for us there was another George waiting in his special hiding spot at home and Noah never even realized that George stayed at the Rose Festival.  For some reason I have been so sad about George falling off the stroller.  It seriously makes me want to cry when I think of Noah's little George laying on the ground somewhere on the waterfront getting trampled or kicked aside, but thank goodness for our backup...
My favorite picture of Noah and George!

2 comments:

Lyndsey Lanphere said...

such a sweet picture!! I know how you feel about George though...long story but Jaxson had a blanket that he called Baby when he was little. When he was three we left it in a hotel room and it was gone forever...so sad!! For Christmas three years ago, Santa brought Baby back (my sister found one exactly like it). Jaxson cried when he saw it, and it has never left his bed...and he is nine!! I love that his has something special like that...although don't tell him I told you.

Sara W. said...

That is so sweet, and sad. :( Great idea about getting a back up. Funny how kids attach themselves to certain things. When I was pregnant with Casey I made him a special blanket, got special fabric on ebay and he now prefers his auntie's blanket she made him despite me covering him up with my blanket every night. Oh well :)I think we'll be in trouble if it's lost.