Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

We made our annual trip out to Loch Lolly Christmas Tree Farm once again to find a fabulous tree!  Our realtor has a client appreciation event out there every year so there are always all kinds of fun activities to go along with the tree hunt!  Ryan was on a mission to get a GIANT tree this year and we may have bitten off a little more than we could chew.  A favorite memory from the day was when we were driving (probably about 35 mph) down hwy 26 with the tree flapping all over while slowly sliding off the side of the car and Ryan says "maybe I should have put in a little more effort and tied it on a better"  oops!  Luckily we made it home without it completely falling off the top of the car but then it came crashing off in our driveway smashing one whole side, oh well... I love it now that it is in the house but it was a monster to get in here and required some serious trimming to make it fit in its giant spot without taking over half of our living room.   It was a borderline Clark Griswold moment!
p.s. Don't worry grandparents, the tree is securely tethered to the wall for child safety :)
Look mom, it is just my size!
On the hunt!
Giving the trees hugs!
Found it!!!!!
More hugs!!
Going on a bear hunt in the deep dark forest :)
Whoa this is heavy...
"Don't worry Daddy, I'll help you carry it!!"
Watching Frosty with Frosty while we got
the tree ready to decorate!
Getting out the ornaments!  It is amazing how much Noah
remembers from last year.  He knows which ornaments
are his and which are Silas's and which ones are his
favorites, he was so seriously excited to decorate!!
Noah is decorating like crazy while Silas is
still watching either Charlie Brown or Frosty...
Just have to post a picture of the beautiful wreath
 I got for the front door.  I usually get one at
Costco but splurged this year and got
one at the tree farm and am totally in love with it, I even thought about hanging it inside except - 
 - this is the paper wreath I made for the inside of our door and I
feel like I have to hang this there because it was so much work :)
and I love it too!

No comments: