Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brothers

This morning I took the boys to a "Holiday Camp" at the rec center, "camp" being code for drop them off for three hours to let someone else watch them...  Plus, I figured it would be cool for them to have a class together too!
Anyway, we arrived a few minutes early and while my sweet Noah stood holding my hand while very hesitantly checking out the room, Silas had already charged into the classroom without a care in the world.  I stood there with Noah for a minute while he kept looking at the room and looking back at me with a quivering bottom lip, pretty much breaking my heart, when all of the sudden I see Silas come running back from across the room yelling "Look Noah, I found you a crotch rocket!"  He brought the motorcycle over to Noah, took his big brothers hand and pulled him over to the bin with all the trucks, motorcycles, cars etc.  When I left they were sitting together talking and happily playing cars!
Fast forward three hours - I showed up a few minutes early to peek through the window and see how they were doing and of course they were as happy as can be running around with a couple other little guys and having a blast!  They chatted together about class, telling me about everything they did and giggled like crazy all the way to lunch, so glad they got to go together!!
I had promised them lunch at Old McDonald's after camp and witnessed a complete role reversal from their earlier situation.  For whatever reason while Noah may be timid at school or camps or whatever, he is a wild child when it comes to play areas and Silas is the one that is totally timid...   Noah is so helpful with Silas on any kind of playground, he is continuously checking on him, giving him a boost or helping him climb up or down the stairs/ladders/platforms.   At one point Silas got stuck way up at the top of the play structure, and without even saying anything to Noah I watched him go straight to the top to carefully guide his little brother down, telling him that he is OK and not to be scared!
I guess I just wanted to write this down because while they occasionally make me completely insane and frustrated I need to remember that they really are the sweetest little guys and they love each other so much!
No pictures, just sweetness :)

1 comment:

Zervis Family said...

My kids call it "old McDonalds" too. Very cute. Love that your boys look after eachother, mine too. Must be how close in age they are. love it!