Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Big Request

My friend Sara (aka The Wild Rumpus) found out last week that she has breast cancer.  I am asking everyone to please send lots of good thoughts and prayers her way.  This hits close to home as Sara and I are close to the same age and she has two sweet boys close in age to mine.  I can not even begin to imagine what she and her family are going through right now and my heart is breaking for them.
Sara is an amazing writer and has documented everything that has happened so far on her blog The Wild Rumpus.  Be sure to have a tissue or in my case 10 if you decide to check it out.  This is a huge reminder to all of us ladies to stay on top of our self exams, you can bet your patootie I was heading up to the shower for a date with my shampoo after reading Sara's post!
Again, please keep Sara and her family in your thoughts and prayers as they face the challenges ahead!

Go kick some breast cancer butt Sara!!!

2 comments:

Sara W. said...

Thank you so much Candice! You made me laugh out loud about your date with the shampoo. But it's so true, even if you have no family history (like me) and are young it can find you. Thank you for being so supportive and for the prayers I really appreciate it. Wish we did live closer so are boys could get to know each other and we could hang.
Good luck with the shampoo!!

Lyndsey Lanphere said...

This just breaks my heart!! Your friend Sara will be in my thoughts and prayers this Christmas, and sadly she will be added to a long list of people I know fighting the Big C! I pray they will find a cure soon!!