Thursday, August 26, 2010

When the kids are away...

Ryan and I occasionally sit and wonder what we did with all our time before we had kids and for some reason we can never seem to figure it out...  With our 10 year anniversary approaching and our big vacation not happening until next year we decided to take my parents up on their offer to take both boys for the weekend!! They have been offering for a while and Noah has gone down to stay several times by himself but this was a first for Silas!  I was a little concerned because Silas is my little cling on but he did awesome and did not seem to care that he was there without us, nice!!!  The boys were so busy playing and hanging out with Nonnie, Papa and their uncles that they slept like rocks and did great all around (sigh of relief)!!
It is so strange to wake up to a quiet house and I continuously felt like I was forgetting to do something...  We ended up having a really fun activity filled weekend!  Friday night we went to the Portland Beaver game for Ryan's office party.  This is ridiculous but it was the first time Ryan and I have been to a Beaver game, it was so much fun but I guess they only have a couple more games and then they are done :(  Saturday we slept in (a very rare treat) went to a movie (The Switch) and then had a delicious dinner at Chart House.  Slept in again on Sunday (so nice :) and then headed out the the LPGA Safeway Classic at Pumpkin Ridge.  We love going to the classic but it has been a little difficult the last couple years with the kiddos so it was so nice not having to worry about our kids screaming or making a scene during a back swing and we got to hang in the beer tent together for as long as we wanted, no shifts!!!
My other big accomplishment for the weekend is that I painted Noah's room!  I have been storing all kinds of  stuff to decorate and paint his room since we moved in but wanted to wait until both kids were gone before I attempted it!  It turned out amazing, I'll try to post some pictures of it soon!  Here are a few pictures from Nonnie and Papa's!
My mom has an amazing flower garden and it is the boys' new favorite
place to play.  They would run back and fourth on the path for hours!
It looks like they are having a little conversation here, love it!

Noah always walks with his hands by his face in the garden because
he does not like it when the bigger flowers hit him in the face...
Silas does not seem to care!

Taking a break in the gazebo!

Feeding the fish!


Hanging with their uncles!

1 comment:

Sara said...

what is the big vacation next year? I'm glad you had a fun kid free weekend!