Sunday, August 26, 2012

Evergreen

** I am really going to work on getting caught up (again) so things are going to be a little outdated for a bit, I actually started this post right after we went to the museum back on June 3rd but the entire summer seems to have passed since then, oops **

Noah has been asking for the past few months to check out the space museum so we took advantage of a free Sunday a couple weekends ago and had an overdue space museum date :)  Evergreen did not disappoint, Noah's mind was blown before we even stepped in the doors!!!  We had a nice picnic lunch and milkshakes at the Cosmo Cafe, needless to say he is begging to go back!
Seriously!  The space shuttle :)
All the seating around the museum is old airplane seats.  Noah
figured out how to work the seat belts and then informed me
that he is ready to go in a real airplane now and that trip
should be to Disneyland :)
The Spruce Goose
Walking into the Spruce Goose
One of the volunteers gave Noah a pretty cool paper
plane.  All the little old men that work here
are so friendly and full of information.  
Inside the jet engine tube!
"My favorite planet"
Right after I took this picture he ran straight into that
metal rail (which I am guessing is to keep you off the planets)
and smacked his head so hard I thought we were going to have
to leave.  Luckily he pulled it together and we finished
our trip with a giant goose-egg on the top of his head :(
The Titan II 
The Gemini Spacecraft
You can walk down underneath the Titan II to
check out the boosters, I think it was about three
floors down.  Noah was not a fan, it kept making
loud hissing noises like it was starting up
or something and I think it scared him a little bit...
Looking up at it from the bottom, it is amazing
how huge these things are!
Moon buggy!
This was a lunar landing simulator, Noah
did way better than I did :)
Pressurized rocket launch pad!
"Am I taller than the astronaut?"
Playing on the museum's playground!
My Booga!!!

No comments: