Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day in the Kitchen

Noah and I had a big day in the kitchen yesterday. We started in the morning making cinnamon muffins for breakfast then started dinner (I used my new dutch oven to make some delicious oven minestrone soup) and we ended with cupcakes. Noah helped with everything! He loves to dump things into the mixer and to stir anything I put in front of him. He was in charge of the sprinkles on the cupcakes until he discovered that he liked to eat them more then put them on the cupcakes. I had to put the bowl of sprinkles away so he would stop shoving them in his mouth by the fist full. I turned around for seriously 30 seconds to hide the sprinkles and when I came back he was shoving an entire cupcake in his mouth as fast as he could... Busted with a half eaten cupcake and no more sprinkles to devour he dissolved into a major melt down and I had to finish the cupcakes by myself after he found something else to do. Oh well, it took a lot of effort for me not to shove one in my mouth too so I can't blame the poor kid!



**Note to all who ate the cupcakes - The batter licking happened after the cupcakes were already made, they are completely toddler slobber free**



No comments: