Tuesday, November 1, 2011

$$$ for Santa

The other morning Ryan had six or seven coins on his dresser.  I handed them to Noah and told him to split them up with Silas and they could put them in their piggy banks - 

Noah: Mom I think I am just going to put these coins in my pocket and save them.
Me: What are you saving your money for?
Noah: I am going to save all my money for Santa.
Me: Santa?? What does Santa need money for?
Noah:  To buy toys. (looking at me like I am an idiot)
Me: But Santa makes all the toys so he doesn't need your money to buy them.  Maybe you can save the money for something special or just keep it in your piggy bank for a really long time.
Noah: No, I am just going to save it for Santa so he can buy a special toy for himself because he gives the toys to everyone else. I think he wants a cool Christmas toy since he loves Christmas!

Seriously, how sweet and thoughtful can one little boy be, melts my heart!  
(I have to remember these sweet conversations when he is screaming & beating the crap out of his brother 10 minutes later :)

No comments: